Saturday, April 10, 2010

Back In the Driver's Seat!

To a certain extent we all have control over what we eat. But if you're like me, if there are temptations to be had, the temptations will be had. I have always been really good about not buying junk to have around the house. I figure if its not there, I'm not going to go through the trouble to seek it out, and there are plenty of opportunities to eat treats and goodies at any number of the family parties, holidays, birthday parties we go to several times a month.

For the last several months I had been at a job that had me driving around a lot and being constantly on he go made it hard for me to bring a lunch to work. Not only was it expensive, but many times I was not eating the healthiest of options. "Lunch" wasn't just my mid-day meal but became an escape from the fact that I was really starting to hate my job, and something to look forward to with my co-workers whose company I did really enjoy. When I had started this blog, we were all pumped up for an office weight-loss challenge, but then some changes that the company made to our job put us all in a tailspin. Suddenly we were stressed, and unhappy and our routines had all been turned upside down. Needless to say I became truly miserable. I started slacking off on my workouts because sometimes I just couldn't get motivated. Sure I was still working out fairly regularly, but stopped pushing myself as hard as I could have,  and comforted myself with extra helpings of food.

I had always read magazine articles about eating and depression, eating and anxiety, eating and stress. I guess I can consider myself lucky that I never really experienced this until I was almost 40 years old. Ugh, I can tell you I did not like it. I knew I was doing it but was so unhappy I didn't care. Thank goodness I had recently started cutting way back on sugar in my diet, because I didn't put on very many pounds. But my body did change and I am dedicated to bring the old me back!

 I have a new job and I am SO happy to be in a positive, motivating and  respectful environment.  I am thrilled that I am more in control of what I eat throughout the day. Its a small office with a refrigerator and microwave and I have been bringing my lunch to work. Easy on the pocketbook AND on the waistline. It is a win-win! I have already added 2 extra workouts to my first week on the new job, and see the light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hungripeeps want to say: