Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Just say NO to FAKE FOOD

Thank goodness this weekend was dry for a change! I was able to get outside both days and enjoy some fresh air while getting fit. Saturday I loaded both of my kiddos in the bike trailer (approx 65 lbs of offspring + trailer) and rode for over 6 miles. My legs were burning and I loved it. I was still even a little sore from my run the day before so I felt like I was really pushing myself. Sunday my friend and I went for a very vertical 1 hr. hike. It was great to be out in the sun, catching up with my friend between huffs and puffs and knowing that the fat off our booties was melting away. Great day!

One of my goals, which I feel that I have achieved, is to just reincorporate fitness into my daily life. I realize that technology, unfortunately, has made me more sedentary. On a regular basis I need to balance out the texting, Facebooking, Tivoing and general websurfing that I do with some cardio and strength training. Sometimes it is just as simple as doing crunches, leg lifts or bicep curls while I'm catching up on my shows.

My other goal is just to be more conscious of what I am putting in my mouth. I'm not much of an absent-minded snacker, its just that for periods of time I get caught up in eating what I want or what sounds good without really thinking about what I am really eating. Where did it come from? Are the ingredients a bunch of things I can't pronounce? What about hormones? I am TOTALLY over low-fat, low-carb, low-cal processed crap. I have realized that in order to make these things taste good they are typically pumped up with too much salt, too much refined sugar, sugar substitute or too many strange chemicals. I want to eat REAL food. I have been getting better about this. I have even decided to take a break from my beloved hydrogenated oil-laden coffee creamer for a while. I have also really improved my portion control. Truly, I find that I am more satisfied from smaller portions of REAL food.

Last thought for the day: Question that that does not rot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hungripeeps want to say: