Thursday, February 11, 2010

Your Skin's BEST Friend This Winter



I know your skin gets dry in the winter. I know this because its a fact of life. Every year, whether I am headed up to Tahoe for skiing, or just doing my usual thing at home, my arms, legs and hands get dry and almost seem a bit itchy. I used to try to remedy this issue by using body oil when I was still wet in the shower. The problem with this is that it would seep between my fingers before I could apply it and seemed hard to control.
I recently tried your run-of-the mill drugstore brand oil in a gel form. Can you say faaaabuuuulooous? You put a little bit in your hand, and the gel blob stays put until you smooth it over your skin. And a little bit goes a long way. Not only do you seem to get more bang for you buck, but you put out totally less buck in the first place. The name-brand sesame body oil that I was using ran me anywhere between $12-16 where this generic gel oil is only $6. Ok, I haven't done the whole run-down of what exactly is in the gel oil, if its environmentally friendly or not...but if your main issue is budget this is hands-down the better choice!
After you get out of the shower and dry off you can apply your usual body lotion if you choose, but you'll be fine if you skip it. It has been a lifesaver. Try, and enjoy! Your silky skin will thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hungripeeps want to say: