Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Turning Over a New Leaf






I have been able to get my lazy butt out of bed to work out before work! I didn't think I'd be able to do it, but its really not so hard. I had to tweak a few things to make it possible. First, I am going to try to forgo my nightly beloved glass of wine. Why? Well first of all, I don't need the extra calories. Although it is nice to relax in the evenings when my kids are in bed, having the glass of wine makes me lazier. It fosters my desire to plop my ass on the couch and catch up on my enormous cache of recorded TV shows and screw around on Facebook. It interferes with need to fold the enormous pile of laundry on the couch. I find that without the wine, I can still watch TV if I want but also do sit ups or other toning exercises. I think the wine also makes me sleep more soundly or something and its harder to wake up early.

Now, I don't like to get up too early, so some things have suffered. I have left the house to take my son to school and head off to work without drying my hair! And, I have also arrived at work a few times in a hat and sunglasses and put my make up on at my desk. But so what. I have to remember to keep my priorities in order, and the goal is to get moving in the morning. Also, since I have not had time to put together a lunch in the morning on a few occasions due to working out, I can use the time I am not relaxing on the couch with wine at night to make my lunch!

I am really digging Gabby Reece's website and her workouts that she posts. You should check it out! She even has a quick work out for when you are short on time and can't make it to the gym.

2 comments:

  1. I started working out in the morning, too! I have to say I dread it every night and when I wake up. But then it's so magical when it's DONE and I have the whole day in front of me and I can sit and relax with Tivo every night without feeling like a blubber. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Stephanie, and I also find that I have more energy throughout the day. It's great!

    ReplyDelete

Hungripeeps want to say: