Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Signing Out...Slacking Off!

Partied out! Monkey and Buddha after the party.
I will be MIA until next week! I have been a busy woman, first preparing for Monkey's 5th birthday party we had last Sunday at Sharks Ice. He had a great turn out, a mix of family, new neighbors, friends from school, and play date friends he's had since he was 1 year old. It was so fun to watch the kids skate and enjoy something most of them had never tried before. 

Can't believe this little guy just turned 5. At Don Pedro in '08.
Even before the party, I had started packing for our camping trip to Don Pedro. I packed all the kids clothes, my clothes, and other things that they were not going to need before our trip. My fabulous husband Chip, who is always doing more than he should, took on going to Costco for me and picking up the majority of our food. In the midst of all this, I got a migraine, which was going on its second day today and I buckled and took my prescription meds again. I know, that is why I have them but for whatever reason, taking a prescription I had to have an EKG to get makes me think it should not be taken lightly!

So, I'm feeling mostly back to normal, although my vision feels a little off. I'm at work today and need to finish packing up my desk because my office is MOVING! Yeah, because our current office sucks beyond any stretch of the imagination, being located next to an allegedly illicit massage parlour (bad) and next to a pub (really good). So I just don't have enough going on right now.

Monkey's first Giant's game in 2007.
I am, however, very excited that the office will be headed out to AT&T Park to watch the San Francisco Giants play the Los Angeles Dodgers (boo! hiss!) in lieu of working tomorrow! I looove the Giants, and baseball games are one of my favorite summer past times. 

One of Buddha's first camping trips. Santa Barbara in 2009.
As soon as I get home from the game I will be making the rounds to make sure all of our camping stuff is packed, and we will hop in the car and hopefully arrive at our campsite while there is still some day light. I am so looking forward to a fun trip with my oldest and dearest girlfriends and their families! I will miss my blogging buddies...Until next time, CIAO!

5 comments:

  1. Such great pictures!! I don't think a vacation with your family qualifies as slacking off, particularly considering how busy you've been (& still getting stuff done WITH a migraine!!!). Have a WONDERFUL time with your family!! We'll miss you, but know you'll be off having fun with tales to tell when you return! :>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the vacation with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a fabulous trip- enjoy your time off relaxing with your adorable boys. And have fun at the Giants game- hope you had some garlic fries for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have a great time at Don Pedro. Our family rented one of the big houseboats for a vacation there in 2001. It was a great time. We look forward to going back once the kids get a little bigger!

    ReplyDelete

Hungripeeps want to say: