Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Boo! Halloween!

I wasn't as excited about Halloween this year because it was on a Monday. But, I did get to leave work at 3:45, so that I could beat some traffic. So immediately my night started off on a good note. My green zombie couldn't wait to get his costume on. Po, on the other hand kept saying, "I don't want Kung Fu Panda." I was starting to wonder if we would ever be able to get him dressed, since we finally just let him hang out and eat dinner in his pull up. Eventually, after some coaxing from Chip, he was dressed and happy.


We had an awesome Halloween this year. Being on a school night, I knew it would be more mellow since usually our neighborhood is off the chain. We did go through 2 Costco size bags of candy, but we were also very generous.

We got Costco Take n' Bake pizza (quite a good value, 2 very large pizzas for $16!), had wine, some chicken wings, and we were good to go! My parents and Mother-in-Law came over to join us. As soon as the sun went down we were off to hit the neighborhood. My cuties had full baskets of candy, and had a GREAT night.

Buddha outlasted Monkey. Monkey was done trick or treating, and Chip took him home. Buddha and I hit 2 more courts and another side street before going home 8:45 pm. Getting the kids to sleep was another story. They were so wound up, laughing, chasing each other around and having a good ol' time. I think they finally fell asleep at 10 pm, after my repeated threats of how miserable they were going to be getting up this morning.  Oddly enough, they were both fine and popped right out of bed and the usual time and made it to school with no problems. Success!

8 comments:

  1. Love the costumes! My kids both crashed out before 8 oclock. Loved it! We don't get any trick or treaters but the places we go hand out sandwich bags full of candy. It takes us 3 hours to do 6 stops though since everyone wants to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought my daughter (almost 3) would be totally into Halloween this year. She spent the hour up until dinner telling me she was not going to go trick or treating. When her friend came over, however, she changed her mind. But, after just 3 houses, she declared herself "all done!" So, we had her in bed at the normal time. It was so not what I expected. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christy, that sounds like so much fun! A different way to do it than we do it here, that would be a good time! Elizabeth, that is so funny about kids. You never know how they are going to like trick or treating. Some kids get scared, or tired after all the walking. Believe it or not, my 5 yo said, "I don't want too much candy." I guess some of what we say is starting to sink in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great night and a great morning, sounds perfect to me! And I just read your comment to Christy - love your 5 yr old's comment! :>

    You've got a couple of cuties there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I already took most of the candy to work. I will get the rest soon, after the "Switch Witch" comes and takes their candy and leaves a small toy behind in its place. I would have done it today had I made it to Target, but will have to put off til tomorrow. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to hear your Halloween was a success!
    My daughter is 18 months but we took her trick-or-treating anyway. Mostly because dad wanted it so bad. She was scared of most of the houses decorations and loud music around... but she made it to 3 or 4 houses and she was done after that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Po is too cute. Guess it's fun to be a kid with a mom and neighbors who indulge you with tons of candy LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another Halloween come and gone! I didn't realize that Halloween on a Monday would mean less trick or treaters, so not only do I have a ton of leftover candy, I have 4 kids worth of candy from their neighborhood rounds. I am now going to google "switch witch" because I've never heard of her and I might need her assistance!

    ReplyDelete

Hungripeeps want to say: