Friday, September 10, 2010

My Milk Plan

Crazy - I read in the news today that milk is being recalled in 5 Northeast states for failed pasteurization. If its not one thing its another! I've been thinking a lot about milk lately - organic vs. regular, hormones, and milk alternatives for my family. I stumbled upon this great article in the Huffington Post that was brief and very informative for your average joe (like me). I think I am at peace with my new plan. I will buy organic milk for my kids. Although I hate the price, I feel it's very worth it. And for myself I will buy organic almond milk. I had never thought about the fact that the shelf life of almond, as well as soy and rice milk is much longer than regular milk which is another nice benefit. My hubby will likely just drink what I buy for the kids. It's so hard to decide when there are so many choices, but I am glad I did some research and feel good about my Milk Plan.

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness...this is crazy! It seems like there is always something going on with food these days. Good thing I drink soy milk.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog =)

    ReplyDelete

Hungripeeps want to say: