Sunday, January 2, 2011

Last Day of Excess


Disneyland Christmas Tree

I have thoroughly enjoyed the holidays. I have not written any posts about how successful I have been in meeting my fitness goals because I honestly have hung it up since Tuesday, December 21, 2010. I didn't do this purposely, it sort of just happened. I worked until Wednesday the 22nd, had last minute Christmas stuff to do as we were hosting on the 24th...on the 25th I packed for Disneyland and we were gone until the 29th. I did, however walk for miles and hours and hours both days we went to Disnyland so I wasn't a complete slob. I didn't attempt to adhere to a particularly healthy diet although I didn't go off the deep end and eat endless fried foods and sweets while we were there.

Crowds were out of control, they had to close the park!

When we returned, I had to scramble to get ready for a semi-last minute New Year's party we were having. We knew we were hosting friends at home, but literally did not now until the day before exactly how many people were coming. Everyone pitched in to help and we pulled things off without a hitch. Even with about 13 or so kids under 10 running around my house nothing got spilled, stained, broken or ruined. None of the adults even broke a wine glass. And it wasn't tame, I swear we had fun. I made a huge pitcher of appletini's which were delicious and a hit with the ladies. There was SO much food...everything was great, red wine, beer, champagne, cupcakes, See's candy, shrimp, salami, cheeses (including a brie en croute), meatballs, quiches, etc. I enjoyed all of it, and drank my share of calories as well. I stayed up til  3 a.m.which I have not done in quite some time!  We had friends spend the night so the next morning we nibbled on mini quiches and leftover cupcakes and See's candy. I only cleaned up part of the mess the next day and still have some fine tuning to do. My kids had a lot of fun. They got to stay up late (well Buddha went down at 10 p.m.) and Monkey made it to midnight...barely! He thought everyone chanting the countdown to midnight was pretty cool. It was quite a decadent night for us all the way around!
Some of the kids watching the TV and blowing their horns

Picking up the playroom, UGH.

The ladies!


Remnants of a fun time

LOVE these napkins
So my running buddy and I were supposed to resume our routine this morning. It is pouring pretty hard here today so we cancelled. I am going to try to hit the treadmill at some point after I am done cleaning and also try to do my Jillian Michaels yoga DVD. I'm going running tomorrow at 6 a.m. It will be a shock to my system after sleeping in until 10 a.m. today. Wish me luck!

Happy New Year to you all, I wish you a happy and prosperous 2011. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hungripeeps want to say: