Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Let It Rain!

My day was a bit of a downer. A long, heavy meeting at work in the morning set the tone for the day. Then my plans to run with my sister Megan got rained out. We did salvage the situation by working out together in my garage since we have a treadmill and an elliptical trainer. We also did some weights and crunches. My treadmill run did get interrupted after 10 minutes in when my son fell and hit is head while my mom was inside watching him and "needed Mommy". I did manage to get back on after icing him for a bit but I felt like I just couldn't catch a break. Then, at the suggestion of John Wolf from Wolf Fitness Systems, I logged on to http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ this evening to start tracking my eating and workouts. It is a very user friendly system, as it can memorize foods you regularly eat and can easily find meals at popular restaurants. I realize that although I thought I had been doing great in the eating department the last couple days, I am still eating more than I should be if I want to lose weight. Granted, I haven't been pushing myself too hard fitness-wise, but I am surprised by this information much in the same way I was surprised about my body fat %. What a wake up call! I vow to try MUCH harder the rest of the week...even though I have lunch with a new boss tomorrow and a great restaurant. Hopefully they have grilled fish. Sheesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hungripeeps want to say: