Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Make Good Choices!

I have a lovely friend that would drop her daughter off at school in the morning and would call out to her, "Make good choices!" before she drove away. I am thinking of this on a pretty regular basis in regards to my Fit, 40 and Fabulous plan. Each day I am faced with a myriad of choices...should I work out, should I blow it off? If I work out, what kind of work out? What shall I eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks in between? Take the close parking space or park further out so I can get some extra walking in? I'm so tired, but should I wash my face and moisturize before bed?

Anyone that knows me well knows that I am not one to suffer for long, for the sake of anything. Not that I'm whiny, I just know that in my world moderation is the key to everything. If I'm too strict or hard on myself, I will only throw in the towel sooner. So each day, when I am faced with options, I feel that even making several seemingly small good choices each day will have a positive impact over all. If I am happy and feeling good about myself I won't mess with a good thing!

Yesterday was a very rainy day, and I was off of work. I was tempted to lounge all day but instead made sure I worked out early, got cleaned up and I was actually a laundry powerhouse all day. In between loads, I enjoyed time with my kids, played games with them, and caught up on some Tivo. It was both a fun and productive day.

Today was a work day. It was stormy and when I got home, my mother (who watches my kids while I am at work) wanted to head home before it got too dark. So I did not work out. It is definitely a must for tomorrow! My diet was pretty decent today. I had a scrambled egg and wheat toast for breakfast - as well as my beloved coffee. Lunch was a 6 inch turkey sandwich on wheat from Subway. I passed on the soda, but did indulge in some Baked Lays. Snacks in between were my last Luna bar in the box...and a few almonds in the afternoon. Laugh at my dinner but it was all made in the microwave. Time somehow got away from me and the last thing I wanted to do was eat late. I had a Lean Cuisine lasagne and my Just-for-One veggies. Later for dessert I had an apple wedge and a handful of pomegranate seeds. And water, water, water!

As you can see, I'm not perfect. I love the idea behind organic, I think food closest to its original state is the best for you, and I hate ingredients that make food sound more like a science project. But hey, I'm a working mom. I do the best that I can. Sometimes I gotta do what I gotta do and I don't beat myself up for it!

Counting down to Vegas on Saturday! I'd better start stocking up on my rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hungripeeps want to say: