Monday, April 18, 2011

I'm "Working On" Working Out, Really I Am!



Grrr. There is a little thing called INSOMNIA that can really jack your plans up.

Saturday would have been my 3rd running day in a row - and I had plans to do 5 miles with my RB on the trail by my house. For whatever reason, my kids woke up in the middle of the night. Of course Monkey settled right back down fairly quickly but Buddha and I were up for 2 hours. I had dull headache pain, but I was tired and just thought if I could fall asleep it would go away.

Not.

I never really fell back into a deep sleep and it was time to run. I sent a text to my friend to let her know we had company. The Buddha-meister had to come with us so Chip and Monkey could continue sleeping. Usually when I run if I have a slight headache it goes away. For whatever reason, as we hit the trail, any time I tried to run my head would throb. Really bad.

So we did a lot of walking, and occasionally would try running again but it just wasn't working. I actually felt a little nauseous, and on our way back my little Buddha was getting irritable and tired of being in the stroller. Walking 5 miles takes a lot longer than running and I wasn't planning on having him cooped up that long.

This was no match - I had to use my prescription!


Turns out I had a vicious migraine that ate into most of my day. Anything else I had hoped to accomplish would have to wait til later. At least I walked 5+ miles!

Endless.


Since I had so much housework to catch up on from being largely unproductive on Saturday and a good couple weeks of  having "fun" and not staying on top of things, I was all over it yesterday. I did so much laundry, and put away ALL of the clean clothes which usually doesn't happen. Chip took the boys over to his mother's house so I had hours of time all to myself which I would have loved to spend flipping through magazines or reading my book. Instead, I cleaned my hardwood floors, aired the house out, buffed out scratches from our stainless steel refrigerator, dusted my bedroom, and cleaned the downstairs bathroom. And, the aforementioned mountain of laundry that was in dire need of attention. I would have loved to vacuum my entire upstairs which was on the agenda but that refrigerator took more time than I had expected. At least when the day was done, I knew I had accomplished a lot and I felt pretty good about myself.

So the plan was for me to get back to Ripped in 30! That's right, start the week off right! Uh, errr...FAIL. I was up last night from 1-3 a.m. No explanation. No child woke me up, nothing. I finished watching a Real Housewives of Orange County I had started earlier, and then easily went back to sleep. When my alarm went off at 6, instead of hitting snooze, I turned it off, because I was SO serious about my morning with Jillian. Well, I fell back to sleep and luckily woke up in time to get Monkey up for school. There goes my rest days...luckily I have the rest of the week ahead of me. I will do Ripped in 30 or Yoga Meltdown every day this week. I will, I will, I will!

Hope your week is off to a better start than mine!  What goals have you set for yourself this week?

2 comments:

  1. I hope you're ok now. Migraines are such a waste of perfectly good days. I'm impressed you managed to do 5 miles in spite of it.

    This week, I'm trying to get in more cardio. I've been skipping it because I find it very boring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! This has been a tough week for me too- insomnia, exhaustion....mornings just haven't happened. But tomorrow I'm meeting a friend at 6 am yoga, so I'll get something done this week. I even wore work out clothes today hoping I could sneak 30 minutes on the elliptical. Didn't happen.... Cut yourself some slack and try again next week, or tomorrow.... Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Hungripeeps want to say: